Wednesday, March 2, 2011

sick days.

so for the past two weeks there has been multitudes of sick children and illness around me.
mostly at work.
i knew it was only a matter of time before something caught up with me.
of course it's my classic illness that i get ALL THE TIME.
the common cold.
even though colds are so common and people don't really look at them as "you're sick",
they are really annoying and you just feel like crap.
so yesterday i slept as much as i could and rested until i had to come to work.
there is no such thing as "calling in sick" to my job.
no one can work for me because all of our schedules are so crazy so i had to suck it up and go.
i was feeling crappy and wishing i could just be in my bed when my woman amy text me.
she said "do you want soup or a smoothie or anything?"
i assumed she was going to kneaders anyway and was just picking me up something while she was there.
no. she made a special trip just to get me a smoothie because she felt bad.
she felt bad number one that i was sick.
and number two because she couldn't work for me.
it made me so happy and it tasted so good.
that right there people is a reason this woman is my best friend.
love her.
thanks amy lynn :)
next time you are having a "sick day" i'll hook you up.
xoxo/caitlin


2 comments:

  1. oh wom! i just love you :)
    sick days suck. it didn't show that you had done a new post so that's why i didn't read it forever. but i love your face!
    i love that you got my back...you know i got yours :)
    love,
    amyLynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. always :) you are just great. love you.

    ReplyDelete